Dampflok O&K 40 PS von Narrow Planet

Moderator: Stephan Rewitzer

Antworten
teetrix

Dampflok O&K 40 PS von Narrow Planet

Beitrag von teetrix »

Hallo,

Eine Feldbahn-Dampflok von Orenstein&Koppel haben James Hilton und Narrow Planet auf die Schienen gestellt. Der Bausatz setzt auf ein Fahrgestell der Minitrains-Krauss auf und besteht aus 3D-gedruckten Teilen und einer geätzten Platine mit Zurüstteilen. Es gibt verschiedene Varianten:

http://www.narrowplanet.co.uk/products/NPL-003

Das Modell ist im britischen 009-Maßstab 1:76 gehalten. Da es sich aber um eine eher zierliche Feldbahnlok handelt, harmoniert es sehr gut mit H0e-Modellen, die meist etwas größere Vorbilder hatten. Auch neben den bekannten Minitrains-Modellen macht sie eine gute Figur.
Einige Bilder zusammen mit Minitrains-Modellen finden sich hier:

http://www.kostenloses-forum.com/board/ ... ,7585.html

Narrow Planet ist in England vor allem durch geätzte Namensschilder für Loks bekannt und bietet auch Diesellokmodelle von Baguley-Dewry (60 und 99hp aus den 1980er Jahren) und LKM Babelsberg (Ns3, VC 10) an:

http://www.narrowplanet.co.uk/products/kits

Ich selbst habe keine Verbindungen zu Narrow Planet, kenne James Hilton aber über das britische NGRM-Forum und kann daher ggf. Fragen an ihn weiterleiten.

Viele Grüße
Michael
jameshilton

Beitrag von jameshilton »

Thank you Michael - I'm afraid I will have to reply in English, I hope readers do not mind.

If anyone has any questions about the kits, their design or assembly please contact me via [url=mailto:info@narrowplanet.co.uk]info@narrowplanet.co.uk[/url] or via a personal message on this forum.

If you'd like to place an order please email [url=mailto:orders@narrowplanet.co.uk]orders@narrowplanet.co.uk[/url] with your country so we can calculate a delivery cost.

Thank you, James Hilton.

A number of other modellers have posted photos of their own completed models:

Tim Ellis:
Bild

Ben Powell:
Bild

Bild

John:
Bild

Bob Vaughn (photo courtest Mick Thornton)
Bild
Zuletzt geändert von jameshilton am 8. Januar 2015, 14:22, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
penzing1140

O&K 0-4-0 40 hp loco

Beitrag von penzing1140 »

Good Morning Tim
a nice small steamer, the instruction sheet points out that a small problem would be when opening the existing loco not to destroy the valve gear - which is not really existing or?
An other question regarding the etched fret: are there "negative" rivets to the front plate with pilot? and no rivets and plates for lifting hook on the roof?
regards
Josef,Wien14
jameshilton

Josef, I apologise for my reply in English - I shall try and answer your questions.

1) When the body is removed from the Minitrains Krauss locomotive, the cylinder block and valve gear becomes loose and the sliding rods can come out of the cylinders - fairly easy to rectify but care must be taken not to damage these items.

2) The buffer beams at the front and back have a half etched overlay with protruding rivets that is glued over the 3D printed body. The cab has no overlays. The roof is smooth, I felt this a worthwhile comprimise for a robust kit that was straight forward to assemble.

Thank you for the question - I hope I have clarified things.
James Hilton

ANNOUNCEMENT:

In addition, the limited edition 'variants' will cease to be available at the end of this month so if you're desperate for a specific body style over the standard 40hp kit please place an order in the next few weeks to orders@narrowplanet.co.uk

Just a reminder we have:

Standard kit:
NPL-003 O&K contractors locomotive 40hp

Variants:
NPL-003a 'Eigiau'
30hp locomotive which worked at Penrhyn quarry, now preserved on the Bredgar and Wormshill Railway. Prototype specific details include no sand dome, bracing on rear of cab, cab handrail holes and front buffer beam.
NPL-003b 'P.C. Allen'
20hp locomotive, as preserved on the Leighton Buzzard Light Railway. Prototype specific details include closed cab with bracing as per prototype to represent removable cab panels. Smaller steam dome.
NPL-003c 'Utrillas'
30hp locomotive as preserved at the West Lancashire Light Railway, previously used in Spain and similar to locomotives used in Sweden. Prototype specific details include longer tanks, shorter dome, different steam valve on dome, larger sand dome, rear bracing on cab and cab handrail holes.
penzing1140

O&K 0-4-0 40 hp loco

Beitrag von penzing1140 »

Thanks for this reply.
so the drawing of the etch fret was not really realistic one. I am familiar with etching and preparing the tooling films for about 25 years. Most of the etching job was done with Chempix in Birmingham.
The whole model will benefit from making a complete new frame - built up from etched 0,5 mm brass or so. But this will eventuelly result in a new all over model - considering the correct overhangs etc. But the prices of the new Mini locos are rather expensive and a complete new model in etch technic no one want's to pay for it.
When I look to the wounderfol fotos of prototyps - one correct motor gear unit and all other parts in 3D printing?
regards from Vienna
Josef,Wien14
+++
jameshilton

Josef, the etch shown in the instructions is only one 'side' of the artwork - you can see a better example of the etch that is provided in the kit in this lovely photo of the 20hp kit provide by Lennart Elg...

You make a good point about optimising a more realistic chassis. This kit is designed to fit the excellent Minitrains chassis, and has compromises as such, in boiler length, chimney position and wheelbase, as well as the pattern of the wheels (which should be spoked). However, I think these are compromises that can be forgiven for most modellers in the balance that the kit provides a very typical O&K product for the 600mm gauge.

I'd just like to share that the 'Limited Edition' variants of the kit will shortly be discontinued so if you want one of these please contact me on order@narrowplanet.co.uk

Thank you
James Hilton
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
fairlie009

Beitrag von fairlie009 »

Hallo!

Aktueller Zwischenstand meiner Lok:

Aus mir selbst teilweise unerfindlichen Gründen (abgesehen vom Preis des Minitrains-Fahrwerks) habe ich eine Minitrix-BR89 ihrer Hinteräder beraubt und einen Liliput-Motor mit Schwungmasse eingebaut.
Bild
Das Ausbalancieren war nicht ganz ohne, aber mit Pufferbrust und Rauchfang aus Weißmetall hab ich es hinbekommen...
Die Zierstreifen habe ich mit weißem Lackstift gemacht - leider hab ich dafür nicht wirklich die richtige Motorik, sagt die Nahaufnahme :oops:

Die Steuerung und Zylinder kommen aus der Restekiste (sollte irgendwas von Fleischmann sein) - ob ich die Zylinder noch verändere (und dann noch bemale)... schauma
Grüße
Peter

Schmalspurbahn in jedem Maßstab: Hauptsache, es hat Sinn, macht Spaß und bringt auch anderen Freude...
:-) gerhard

Beitrag von :-) gerhard »

hi

hübsche lok; irgendwie erinnert sie mich sehr an die "douglas" der talyllyn railway, bloss etwas kürzer:
Bild

(aus hier: http://www.parksidedundas.co.uk/acatalo ... _Kits.html)

diesen weissmetallbausatz gibt es schon sehr lange - damals eine kostbare ergänzung zum damaligen "egger only"... und erst noch auf einem recht gut laufenden arnold chassis.

:-) gerhard
jameshilton

Thanks Gerhard - I hope it's a nice little kit for people who want an alternative to scratch building or white metal.
jameshilton

Another one out on a purchasers layout:
Bild

I took these 'size' comparison shots to show the 1:76 (4mm) model next to the Minitrains stock to help people who wondered if it would fit in with their HO 1:87 modelling...
Bild
Bild
Bild
Antworten